- 4 skewers
- 150g bulgar wheat
- 200g halloumi
- 1 tsp harissa paste
- 1 red onion
- 250g cherry vine tomatoes
- 50g peppery salad mix
- 40g honey
- 300ml boiling water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Put the skewers in a bowl or dish of water – this will help stop them catching and burning when you grill the halloumi. Fill your kettle and boil it.
2. Tip the bulgar wheat into a heatproof bowl and pour in 300ml hot water from the kettle. Swirl to mix, then cover the bowl with a plate and set aside to soak. The bulgar will absorb the water and become tender.
3. Drain the halloumi and chop it into bite-sized chunks. Place in a bowl and add 1 tsp of the harissa paste (it's spicy, so you can use less, if you prefer), ½ tbsp olive oil and a pinch of black pepper. Turn the halloumi to coat it in the harissa. Set aside to marinate for 5 mins.
4. Peel the red onion and slice into 8 wedges. Line a baking tray with foil and arrange the cherry vine tomatoes on the tray. Heat your grill to high.
5. Thread the halloumi and red onion wedges onto the skewers, then place them on the baking tray. Slide the tray under the grill and cook the skewers for 6-8 mins, turning once, till the halloumi is golden brown and the onion wedges are charred. The tomatoes will be soft and just bursting.
6. While the halloumi grills, toss the salad leaves with ½ tbsp oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
7. Drain any excess water off the bulgar wheat and divide it between 2 warm plates. Top with the salad leaves, grilled halloumi skewers and cherry vine tomatoes. Drizzle over the honey and serve.