- ½ small melon
- 1kg tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red onion
- A handful of pitted Kalamata olives
- 200g feta cheese
- A large handful of fresh mint leaves
- A few glosses of olive oil
1. Quarter your watermelon half. Carve the peel off. Cut into thin slices. Slice your tomatoes 1cm thick. Thinly slice your cucumber.
2. Halve your onion. Pull off the peel. Thinly slice the halves. Pop into a bowl. Pour boiling water over. Let it soak for a min. Drain. Rinse under cold water.
3. Have your olives pitted and ready. Cut your cheese into quarters. Stack half of your mint leaves in a little mound and thinly slice.
4. Start arranging your salad on to plates – or on one big platter. Layer fruit and veg, scatter some olives, broken nuggets of feta, chopped and whole mint leaves, and a finishing gloss of oil. Repeat till everything’s used up. Save all the prettiest mint leaves and your finest nuggets of feta for the top.
5. Delicious as a light main or starter. Perfect with a crisp, cold white wine.