- 1 red onion
- 200g Kalettes®
- 50g three-cornered leeks
- 400g gnocchi
- A handful of thyme
- 1 lemon
- 20cl soya cream
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Trim, peel, and slice the red onion. Trim the dry, woody bases off the Kalettes®. Finely chop the three-cornered leeks.
2. Place a deep frying pan or wok on a medium-high heat. Add ½ tbsp olive oil and the gnocchi. Fry for 4-5 mins, stirring often, till the gnocchi are browned all over.
3. When the gnocchi have browned, scoop them out of the pan and set aside on a plate or in a bowl. Add another ½ tbsp olive oil to the pan and add the onion. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Fry, stirring often, for 6-8 mins till the onion has softened, but not browned too much.
4. Add the Kalettes® and three-cornered leeks to the onion. Drop in the thyme sprigs. Fry, stirring often, for 5-6 mins till the Kalettes® have softened but still have plenty of bite to them.
5. While the Kalettes® and three-cornered leeks fry, finely grate the zest from the lemon.
6. Pick the thyme sprigs out of the pan and discard them. Return the gnocchi to the pan. Pour in the soya cream. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins till the cream has warmed through.
7. Stir most of the lemon zest into the pan. Squeeze in a little lemon juice. Taste and add a pinch more salt, pepper or lemon juice if you think it needs it. Spoon the gnocchi and creamed Kalettes® into two warm bowls and serve with the remaining lemon, sliced into wedges for squeezing.