- Whole dab
- Whole plaice
- Whole lemon sole
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 lemon
- Plain white flour
- Chilli powder
- Fresh thyme
Delicious with a simple salad and boiled new potatoes.
1. First rinse your fish.
2. Scatter a layer of plain white flour on a large plate. Season with a pinch of chilli powder and some fresh thyme.
3. Season the fish all over with salt and pepper. Squeeze over a little lemon juice and grate on some zest.
4. Dredge the fish through the flour, ensuring it’s coated all over on both side. Shake any excess flour off.
5. Get a large frying pan smoking hot. Add a little knob of butter and/or a drop of olive oil – just enough to create a thin film on the bottom of the pan.
6. Cook the fish for 2-3 mins on each side, till golden and crisp.
7. Plate up. Squeeze a little lemon juice over. That’s it.