- 3 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 250g cooking chorizo
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 400g chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g tins of butter beans
- 4 cod fillets
- A handful of oregano, leaves only
- 1 lemon
1. Warm your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Peel and finely chop the onions. Peel and thinly slice the garlic. Break the chorizo sausages into small pieces. Add the onions, garlic and chorizo to a large roasting tin. Dust with 1 tbsp smoked paprika and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Drizzle over 2 tbsp olive oil and toss to coat. Slide into the oven to roast for 15 mins.
2. After 15 mins, remove the tin from the oven. Tip in the chopped tomatoes and both tins of butter beans, along with the liquid from the tins. Stir and slide back into the oven for 20 mins.
3. Meanwhile, unwrap the cod fillets and pop them on a plate. Drizzle the fish with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. After 20 mins, add the cod fillets to the roasting tin, sitting them on top of the beans, skin-side up. Cook for another 12-15 mins, till the fish is opaque and flakes easily when pressed with a fork.
5. Serve the chorizo and beans in warm bowls, topped with a cod fillet each. Garnish with fresh oregano leaves and a wedge of lemon for squeezing.