- 2 oranges
- 10g dukkah
- 250g chicken breast mini fillets
- 3 carrots
- 2 beetroot
- 1 mini romaine lettuce
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- A handful of flat leaf parsley
- 1 tsp Demerara sugar
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt + extra for seasoning
- 100ml cold water
- Freshly ground pepper
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Line a baking tray with foil and brush with 2 tsp olive oil. Finely grate the zest from the oranges.
2. Combine the dukkah with half the orange zest, 1 tbsp olive oil and ½ tsp sea salt in a bowl. Dip the chicken fillets in the mixture to coat and put them on the baking tray. Roast for 15-20 mins till cooked through – the juices should run clear when a skewer is inserted.
3. Peel the carrots and beetroot and cut into thin sticks. Place in a small pan. Squeeze the juice from 1 of the zested oranges and add to the pan. Cut away the skin from the other orange with a serrated knife. Cut the orange into thin slices and set aside.
4. Remove the leaves from the parsley and set aside. Finely chop the stems and add to the pan.
5. Add the remaining orange zest and 2 tsp caraway seeds to the pan. Pour in 100ml water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5 mins.
6. Remove the lid, stir in 1 tsp sugar and cook for 2 mins till most of the liquid has evaporated and the mixture is slightly sticky. Stir in the orange slices. Season with some salt and pepper.
7. Separate the romaine leaves and divide between a couple of plates. Spoon the carrot and beetroot salad onto the plates and add the chicken pieces. Scatter over the parsley leaves to serve.