- 2 Dover sole fillets
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50g butter
- 1 tbsp capers
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- A handful of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
1. Pat the sole fillets dry. Tip the flour onto a plate and mix in plenty of salt and pepper. Lay the sole into the flour and turn them a couple of times to lightly coat.
2. Set a large frying pan on a medium heat for a few mins then drizzle in the olive oil. Carefully place the sole fillets in the pan, skin-side down and cook for 2 mins. Carefully turn the fillets over and cook for 1-2 mins on the other side. Lift the fillets out onto a plate and keep warm.
3. Wipe the pan clean. Add the butter and cook on a gentle heat for a few mins, swirling the pan till it bubbles and turns a golden, nutty brown. Add the capers, lemon juice and most of the parsley to the pan and swirl to mix.
4. Pour the browned butter sauce over the fish and serve with wedges of lemon and a scattering of parsley.