- 75g quinoa
- 1 onion
- A splash of olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp The Colonel's Mild Curry Spice Mix
- 200ml coconut milk
- 2 large handfuls of baby leaf spinach
- 2 eggs
- A handful of flat leaf parsley
- 250g cherry vine tomatoes
1. Preheat your oven grill to high. No grill? Just set your oven to its highest setting.
2. Rinse the quinoa in a sieve till the water runs clear. Set a lidded pan over a medium heat. Tip the quinoa into the pan and add enough water to cover by 1cm. Cover and cook for 15 mins or till all the water is absorbed. When the quinoa is cooked, take off the heat. Cover and set aside for 5 mins to steam.
3. Meanwhile, set a frying pan over a high heat. Halve, peel and thinly slice your onion. Add a splash of oil to your pan. Add the onion and a pinch of salt. Lower the heat. Fry for a few mins till tender. Fold in 1 tbsp curry powder. Mix in the coconut milk. Take off the heat.
4. Halve your tomatoes. Put in a bowl with a pinch of salt and mix with your hands. Finely chop your coriander. Set aside.
5. Add the quinoa and spinach to the curried/coconut onion mix - or vice versa (whichever pan is biggest and ovenproof). Or divide between two ovenproof dishes or frying pans. Simmer and stir till the spinach has wilted. Taste. Season or add more curry powder if needed.
6. Make two little nests - one for each egg. Crack an egg into each one. Pop the pan(s) under the grill and cook till the eggs are as set as you like them.
7. Mix the chopped coriander through the tomatoes. Serve alongside the quinoa risotto.