- 250g pigeon breasts
- 2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- A pinch of chilli powder (optional)
- A gloss of olive oil
- 250g cherries
- 4 handfuls of rocket, watercress or mixed salad leaves
- A handful fresh mint
- A large handful almonds, crushed and toasted
1. Mix your pigeon breasts with the ground cloves, garlic, a pinch of salt, pepper and a hint of chilli powder, if you wish. Gloss with a little oil. Let it marinate as long as possible.
2. Pit your cherries over a bowl so you can catch all the juice. Mix the pitted cherries and juice with your salad leaves and fresh mint. Dust a little pinch of salt and pepper over. Gloss with a little oil. Toss to mix.
3. Get a large frying pan smoking hot. Add a little gloss of oil. Press your pigeon breasts in the pan. Cook till just coloured up, about 3 mins on each side.
4. Remove from pan. Let them rest for 5-10 mins. Thinly slice. Arrange over your salad. Dust with crushed and toasted almonds and a little sprinkling of salt.