- 1 onion, finely chopped
- a splash of olive oil
- 1 mug of risotto rice
- 1 mug of white wine
- 1 mug of celery, finely diced
- 1 litre chicken or veg stock, simmering
- 1/2 mug mascarpone cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 mug freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 handfuls of summer herbs (sorrel, basil, tarragon, and/or mint)
- a small handful of toasted almonds slivers (optional)
1. Place a large pot over medium heat. Add a splash of olive oil. Once hot, add the onion and gently sauté for 10-15 minutes.
2. Add the risotto rice and let it crackle and pop in the pan for a few minutes. Splash in the wine and let it bubble up until the rice has guzzled it up.
3. Stir in the celery, add a good grinding of pepper and cook for a minute or two before adding your first ladle of stock. Set a timer for 20 minutes and continue to feed the stock to the rice little by little until the timer goes off.
4. Fold in the mascarpone and a good pinch of salt. Add a tiny bit more stock, if needed. You want your risotto to have a nice creamy texture and not be too thick.
5. Fold in half the herbs and half the parmesan. Pile onto plates and finish with remaining herbs and parmesan and a good grinding of pepper.