- 1 large or 2 medium carrots, coarsely grated
- 400g lamb mince
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 finely chopped spring onions or ½ small red/white onion, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- A large handful of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
1. Mix everything in a bowl, squish it all together. This is really a job for your hands. Roll your sleeves up and get mixing (or use a nice big spoon and lots of arm power).
2. Divide into 6-8 pieces. Shape onto some skewers. Soak bamboo skewers first, to prevent them from burning.
3. For best results, chill the shaped and skewed koftes before grilling. Cook on the barbecue or the grill till nicely coloured, about 5-10 mins on each side.
4. Finish with a gloss of olive oil. Gorgeous alongside our Herbaceous Bean Salad with Tahini Dressing on the right.