- 1 head of broccoli
- 8 small garlic cloves
- A few glugs of olive oil
- A good handful of dried cranberries*
- A large handful of walnuts, lightly toasted
- 200ml natural yogurt
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 rosemary sprig, leaves finely chopped (optional)
*The cranberries and walnuts can be swapped with just about any other dried fruit and nut or seed combination.
1. Trim the dry end off the broccoli stalk. Quarter the broccoli and thinly slice it.
2. Crush the garlic as flat as possible with the side of a knife and remove the skin. Warm a small frying pan and add a glug of olive oil. Cook the garlic on a medium heat, constantly sturning, till golden. Scoop the garlic out of the pan, savin the oil for your dressing.
3. Tip the broccoli into a large bowl and mix it with the garlic, cranberries and walnuts.
4. Whisk the yogurt with the lemon juice, a good pinch of salt and pepper, rosemary (if using) and 1 tbsp olive oil.
5. Dress the slaw with the yogurt mixture. This slaw is best eaten within 24 hours.