- 1 head of broccoli
- 8 small garlic cloves
- A few glugs of olive oil
- A good handful of dried cranberries*
- A large handful of walnuts, lightly toasted
- 200ml natural yogurt
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- A good pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 rosemary sprig, leaves finely chopped (optional)
*The cranberries and walnuts can be swapped with just about any other dried fruit and nut or seed combo.
1. Trim the woody end from the broccoli stem. Quarter the broccoli. Thinly slice.
2. Crush the garlic as flat as possible with the side of a knife. Remove skin. Heat a small frying pan. Add a glug of olive oil. Cook the garlic over medium heat, constantly turning, till golden. Remove from pan. Save the oil for your dressing.
3. Mix the broccoli in a large bowl with the garlic cloves, cranberries and walnuts.
4. Whisk the yogurt with the lemon juice, a good pinch of salt and pepper, rosemary (if using) and 1 tbsp olive oil.
5. Dress the slaw with the yogurt mix. Best eaten within 24 hours.