- 1 head of broccoli
- 8 small garlic cloves
- A few glugs of olive oil
- A good handful of dried cranberries*
- A large handful of walnuts, lightly toasted
- 200ml natural yogurt
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 rosemary sprig, leaves finely chopped (optional)
*The cranberries and walnuts can be swapped with just about any other dried fruit and nut or seed combination.
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 5 mins
1. Trim the dry end off the broccoli stalk. Quarter the broccoli and thinly slice it.
2. Crush the garlic as flat as possible with the side of a knife and remove the skin. Warm a small frying pan and add a glug of olive oil. Cook the garlic on a medium heat, constantly sturning, till golden. Scoop the garlic out of the pan, savin the oil for your dressing.
3. Tip the broccoli into a large bowl and mix it with the garlic, cranberries and walnuts.
4. Whisk the yogurt with the lemon juice, a good pinch of salt and pepper, rosemary (if using) and 1 tbsp olive oil.
5. Dress the slaw with the yogurt mixture. This slaw is best eaten within 24 hours.