- 4 chicken thighs
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp ground or 1 tbsp of freshly grated turmeric
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- ½ tsp of ground coriander
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of freshly grated ginger
- 200g natural yogurt
- A large handful of fresh dill and/or coriander leaves, plus extra to garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6.
2. Set the chicken thighs in a snug baking dish. Season well with salt and pepper.
3. Mix the spices and fresh ginger in a dish with the yogurt. Finely chop the herbs and stir them through. Massage the yogurt mixture into the meat. Marinate for at least 30 mins (overnight is ideal but not essential).
4. If you’ve marinated the meat in the fridge overnight, bring the meat back up to room temperature before roasting it in the centre of the oven.
5. Cook for 35 mins, or till the meat is golden on top and cooked through. Test by piercing the thickest part of the meat. Press to see if the juices run clear. If not, cook a little longer till they do.