- 25g butter
- 150g plain flour
- 50g sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 medium eggs
- 110ml full cream milk
- 250g blueberries
- Agave or maple syrup & icing sugar, to serve
Prep: 10 mins + resting | Cook: 20-25 mins
1. Melt the butter and set it aside to cool. Sift the flour into a large bowl. Whisk in the sugar and baking powder with a good pinch of sea salt.
2. Beat the eggs and milk together till they’re combined, then whisk them in to the flour to make a thick batter the consistency of double cream. Pour in the butter and whisk to incorporate it. Add half the blueberries to the bowl and fold them in. You can cook the batter straight away, but if you have the time, cover the bowl and set aside to rest for 30 mins.
3. Set your oven to its lowest temperature. Add a splash of oil to a large frying pan and warm over a medium heat for a few mins. Add heaped tbsp of the batter to the pan – 1 tbsp is 1 pancake and you should be able to cook 3-4 pancakes at a time. Fry for 2-3 mins till the top of the pancake starts to look dry and lots of bubbles have formed. Turn the pancakes over.
4. Fry for another 2-3 mins till golden brown and set underneath. Lift out of the pan and pop on a plate. Keep the pancakes warm in the bottom of the oven while you cook the rest of the batter, adding more oil to the pan as you need it.
5. Pile the pancakes up on plates. Top with the remaining blueberries, drizzle with a little agave syrup and dust with icing sugar to serve.