- 1 red onion
- 2 tomatoes
- ½ tbsp + 2 tsp sunflower or olive oil
- Sea salt
- 400g tin of black beans
- 1 tbsp Cajun spice mix
- 2-4 tbsp water
- 4 white tortillas*
- 50g lamb's lettuce
- 100g Petit Chèvre, Organic, Bergerie
1. Peel and finely chop the red onion. Dice the tomatoes. Put a medium-sized pan on a medium heat and add ½ tbsp oil and the diced veg. Season with a pinch of salt. Fry, stirring often, for 5 mins till the veg start to look glossy.
2. Drain the black beans and rinse them. Stir them into the veg with 1 tbsp Cajun spice mix. Splash in 2 tbsp water and simmer, stirring now and then, for 8 mins. The beans should be just tender and the sauce thick. If it starts to dry out too quickly, add 1-2 tbsp more water.
3. While the beans simmer, place a frying pan on a medium-high heat. Add ½ tsp oil and 1 tortilla. Fry for 30 secs-1 min till golden underneath, then flip and fry for a 30 secs-1 min on the other side. The tortilla should be browned and crisp. Lift out of the pan onto a plate. Repeat with the other 3 tortillas, adding ½ tsp oil to the pan each time.
4. Taste the beans and add a pinch more salt if you think they need it.
5. Arrange the crisp tortillas on 2 plates. Top with handfuls of lamb’s lettuce and the spiced black beans. Crumble over the goat’s cheese and serve.