- 100ml balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 savoy cabbage or 1 bag of spring greens or kale
- A squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1. Put a large pan of salted water on to boil. Pour the balsamic vinegar into a separate, small pan set over a high heat and warm it till it bubbles. Simmer till the balsamic reduces down to a thick, sticky syrup. Take the pan off the heat and swirl in the cold butter till it's melted. Set the pan of balsamic butter aside.
2. Roughly chop the greens, keeping the leaves fairly chunky. Make sure to cut out and discard any woody stems or thick cores.
3. Plunge the greens into the pan of boiling water and let them simmer for 1-2 mins till bright green and still with plenty of bite. Drain and tip the greens into a serving bowl. Drizzle over a little olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Drizzle over the balsamic butter and mix it through. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if needed. Finish with a small squeeze of lemon juice for a bit of zing, if you like.