- 3 apples
- 2 pork escalopes
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- A handful of sage
- 200g brussels sprouts
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 tbsp balsamic vingear
- 1 tsp olive oil
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6.
2. Cut the apples into quarters and slice out the core. Slice each quarter in half.
3. Place the apples into a baking dish. Nestle in the pork escalopes and scatter over 1 tsp fennel seeds. Season. Press 2 or 3 sage leaves on to each escalope. Slide into the oven. Roast for 25 mins till the pork is cooked through and the apples are soft.
4. Whilst the apples and pork are cooking, finely shred the sprouts. You can use a mandoline or slicer attachment on a food processor if you have them. Finely slice the fennel. Place the sprouts and fennel in a bowl.
5. Cut the pomegranate in half. Holding the cut side in the palm of your hand, whack it with a wooden spoon. The seeds should fall through your fingers. Catch them in the bowl with the fennel and sprouts. Pick out any white pith.
6. Whisk the balsamic vinegar with 1 tsp oil. Pour this over the sprout slaw. Season. Toss together.
7. Serve the roasted pork with the apples and slaw.