- 150g raw cane sugar
- 150g butter, softened
- 3 medium eggs
- 100g self raising flour
- 50g ground almonds
- 200g raspberries
- 3 tbsp honey
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Arrange 12 paper cases in a muffin tray.
2. Tip the sugar into a large mixing bowl and add the soft butter and a pinch of salt. Beat together with electric beaters or a wooden spoon till airy, creamy and light in colour.
3. Crack in the eggs, one at a time, beating well to combine, before adding the next. Tip in the self raising flour and ground almonds and use a flexible spatula to fold the dry ingredients into the wet ones, till just combined. Add the raspberries to the mixture and fold till evenly distributed.
4. Scoop the batter into the muffin cases, making sure to nearly fill each to the top. Slide the tray into the hot oven and bake for 20-25 mins, till the cakes are risen, golden and just firm to the touch on top. Pop the tray of warm muffins to one side.
5. Measure 3 tbsp honey into a small pan and gently warm it over a low heat, till runny. Brush or drizzle the honey over the warm cakes and allow them to cool a little. Serve with a cup of tea or coffee on the side.