- 190g marinated tofu
- 50g tamari
- 2 tbsp brown rice vinegar
- 1 leek
- 200g white mushrooms
- 200g Brussels sprouts
- 100g udon noodles
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp coconut, sunflower or olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
1. Fill your kettle and boil it. Pour the tamari and vinegar into a bowl and stir together. Drain the tofu and chop it into bite-sized chunks. Add to the bowl with the tamari mix and turn to coat. Set aside to soak while you prepare the veg.
2. Trim the root and top 3 cm off the leek. Halve it and rinse out any grit, then finely slice it. Rinse the mushrooms and then tear them into small pieces. Pull any ragged leaves off the Brussels sprouts and quarter or halve them, depending on how big they are. Peel and finely chop the garlic cloves.
3. Fill a large pan with hot water from the kettle. Put it on a high heat and bring it back to the boil. When the water is boiling, add half the packet of noodles and simmer for 8-10 mins till the noodles are tender but still with a little bite.
4. While the noodles cook, put a wok or deep frying pan on a high heat for 2 mins. Lift the tofu out of the marinade (keep it for later), then add it to the wok with ½ tbsp oil. Fry, turning often, for 5 mins till golden brown. Lift the tofu out of the wok and set aside on a plate.
5. Add another ½ tbsp oil to the wok and add the garlic. Sizzle for 15 secs to flavour the oil, then add the leek, mushrooms and Brussels. Stir fry for 5-6 mins till the veg are just tender but still with a bit of bite.
6. Return the tofu to the wok and stir to mix. Drain the noodles (they should be ready by now) and add them to the wok too. Toss everything to mix it together. Pour in the marinade and let it bubble up, tossing everything together a few times.
7. Drizzle the sesame oil over the tofu, veg and noodles. Divide them between two warm bowls and serve straight away.