- 115g plain white flour
- 3 eggs
- 285ml of full-fat milk (don't skimp here with skimmed)
- A rosemary sprig, leaves finely chopped
- 1 pack of your favourite sausages
- A good few glugs of olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bread loaf tins or a square cake tin (but not one with a removable bottom – the batter will leak)
Serve with onion gravy and root vegetable mash.
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/gas 7. Pop the empty loaf or cake tin(s) in the oven to warm.
2. Sift the flour into a bowl. Whisk the milk and eggs in a jug. Pour into the flour and whisk until smooth. Season. Fold in the rosemary. Set aside.
3. Add the sausages to the warm tin(s), along with a good splash of oil. Pop into the oven and cook until the sausages are just starting to turn golden.
4. Remove and quickly pour the batter into the hot tin(s), dividing evenly if using two. Pop back into the oven and cook for 25-30 mins, or until puffy and golden.