- 8 thick slices from a good loaf, like our long fermentation tin loaf
- A glug of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- Sea salt
- Seasonal vegetables*
- A creamy cheese like our Easy Peasy Yogurt Cheesey, cream cheese, or fresh ewe's cheese
- A handful of chopped almonds, toasted
- A handful of fresh herbs, chopped
- 1 lemon
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Mix the olive oil, garlic and a pinch of salt. Brush onto one side of each bread slice. Pop a frying pan over medium-high heat. Lightly toast the bread on both sides.
2. Spread the cheese on the garlic side of four slices of bread.
3. Scatter nuts and herbs, a squeeze of lemon juice, grated zest and a little olive oil over the top.
4. Pile veggies on the other slices.
5. *Great veg fillings: Roasted red peppers ribbons mixed with a pinch of paprika and chilli powder. - Slivers of roasted beetroot. - Slices of fresh tomato and cucumber. - Lightly cooked broad beans. - Mushrooms sizzled with garlic, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
6. Add a few more herbs and more oil, if needed. Season. Tuck in.