- A gloss of olive oil
- 6-8 carrots, halved or quartered lengthways
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- A handful of almonds, roughly chopped or crushed
- 4 dates, de-stoned and chopped
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- A pinch of chilli powder
- A handful of mint leaves, to garnish
1. Heat a large frying pan. Add a gloss of oil, your carrots and a pinch of salt and pepper. Lower the heat. Sizzle till golden and tender, about 20 mins.
2. When they’re almost done, add the almonds. Let them toast a little, till golden. Swirl in the dates and spices. Cook a bit more.
3. Gloss with a little extra oil, if needed. Have a taste. Adjust seasoning and spice. Serve warm or at room temperature. Garnish with a scattering of mint leaves.