- 3 sweet potatoes
- A handful of rosemary, leaves only
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 800ml boiling water
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Peel and slice one garlic clove. Peel and roughly chop the sweet potatoes. Heat a pan for 1 min over a low heat. Add 1 tbsp oil. Throw in the garlic and a pinch of rosemary leaves. Add a pinch of salt and fry for 2-3 mins till the garlic is golden and crisp. Lift out of the pan with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl.
2. Add the sweet potatoes to the pan and cook for 5 mins, stirring often. The potatoes should caramelise and brown all over.
3. While the potatoes cook, peel and finely chop the onion and remaining garlic cloves. Add to the pan and cook for 5 mins till slightly softened. If the veg stick, add a splash of water. Stir in the remaining uncooked rosemary leaves. Crumble in the stock cube. Pour in 800ml boiling water. Pop on a lid and simmer for 20 mins.
4. Ladle the soup into a blender and blitz till smooth, or use a hand-held blender in the pan. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Ladle into warm bowls. Scatter over the crispy garlic and rosemary and drizzle with 1 tsp oil each.