- 1 large slice of sourdough bread
- 200g peas in the pod
- 2-3 sprigs of mint
- 1 lemon
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1. Brush the slice of sourdough bread with 1 tsp olive oil and either pop it under the grill for 3-4 mins, turning once, till golden, or griddle it in a ridged pan or frying pan for 4-5 mins, turning once. Slice the toasted bread in half and pop it on a serving plate.
2. Fill and boil your kettle. Pop the peas out of their pods into a small pan. Pour in enough hot water to cover the peas, then set the pan on a high heat and bring to the boil. When the pan is boiling, turn the heat down and simmer the peas for 4-5 mins till tender. Drain and tip them into a bowl.
3. Pick the mint leaves off their spigs and finely slice them. Finely grate the zest from the lemon. Add the mint and lemon zest to the bowl with 2 tsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roughly crush everything together with a fork.
4. Spoon the crushed peas over the toasted bread and serve straight away.