- A thumb of ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp brown rice vinegar or cider vinegar
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- 250g pork stir fry strips
- 200g Tenderstem® broccoli
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- A large pinch of dried sea salad flakes
- Steamed rice or noodles, to serve
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 10 mins + marinate
1. Finely grate the ginger and garlic into a large bowl. Add the tamari, honey, vinegar and 2 tbsp cold water. Sprinkle in a pinch of chilli flakes and whisk together. Add the pork stir-fry strips and pop into the fridge to marinate for at least 1 hr, or overnight.
2. When you're ready to cook the stir-fry, trim the dry ends from the Tenderstem® broccoli. Place a frying pan or wok on a high heat for a couple of mins. When it's hot, add 1 tbsp oil and add the broccoli. Stir-fry for 1 min, then add 1 tbsp cold water. Allow the water to bubble and steam and cook the broccoli for a further 1 min till the water has evaporated and the broccoli is just tender. Remove the pan from the heat and tip the broccoli into a bowl.
3. Place the pan back on the heat and add 1 more tbsp oil. Lift the pork strips in to the pan using a fork, leaving as much of the marinade in the bowl as possible. Set the marinade to one side for later.
4. Stir fry the pork on a high heat for 3-4 mins till the pork is cooked through and lightly caramelised.
5. Add the broccoli back to the pan and pour in the reserved marinade. Scatter in the sesame seeds and seaweed flakes. Bring everything up to a bubble for 1 min.
6. Serve the sticky pork stir-fry straight away with steamed rice or noodles.