- 1 lemon
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 fennel
- 1 courgette
- 1 carrot
- A bunch of radishes
- A handful of dill
- 200g asparagus
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 2 mins
1. Zest and juice the lemon into a large salad bowl. Whisk in 1 tbsp olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Set a dry frying pan on a medium heat. Tip in the fennel seeds and toast for 2 mins, shaking the pan. Tip the seeds into the salad bowl and whisk into the dressing.
3. Using a vegetable peeler, shave the fennel bulb into thin whisps. Trim the ends off the carrot and courgette, and peel the carrot. Peel the carrot and courgette into ribbons, turning the veg as you go and stopping when you get to the core. Finely slice the cores. Peel the asparagus into ribbons, too. Trim the radishes and finally slice them, reserving the radish leaves for later.
4. Add all the ribboned and sliced veg to the salad bowl and toss together to lightly coat in the lemony dressing. Leave for 3-4 mins to marinate.
5. Meanwhile, pick the soft dill fronds off their stalks and roughly chop them. oughly chop the radish leaves. Add the dill and radish leaves to the ribboned veg. Toss together, then serve straight away.