- 300g baby leaf spinach
- 50g butter
- ½ nutmeg
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 tbsp double cream
- 2 eggs
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6.
2. Drop the spinach into a pan of boiling water for 1 min then drain and plunge into ice cold water. Squeeze out the water, then finely chop.
3. Melt the butter in a pan. Add in the spinach, grate in plenty of nutmeg and season generously. Pour in 4 tbsp double cream and mix together.
4. Spoon the spinach into small ovenproof dishes and make shallow wells in the centre. Crack an egg into each. Pour over 2 tbsp double cream over each egg. Grate a little more nutmeg and sprinkle over some seasoning.
5. Place the ramekins into a deep sided tray filled halfway with hot water. Slide the ramekins into the oven and bake for 12-16 mins till the egg whites are set and the yolks are as hard you prefer.
6. Serve with hot buttered sourdough toast.