- 3 tbsp Persian Spice Rub
- 1 small red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red chilli
- 10g flat leaf parsley
- 500g beef mince
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salad and flatbreads to serve
Prep: 15 mins + marinating | Cook: 10 mins
Add 3 tbsp Persian Spice Rub (see our Persian Spice Rub
recipe) to a large bowl. Peel and grate the onion and garlic. Finely chop the chilli, flicking out the seeds and white bits for less heat. Finely chop the parsley stalks and most of the leaves (keep a few back for garnish). Add them all to the bowl.
2. Add the beef to the bowl. Use your hands to turn, mix and squeeze the mixture together. Make sure it is well combined.
3. Divide the mixture into 4 or 8 portions, depending on how large your skewers are. Shape into long sausages, then press around 4 long or 8 short skewers (flat ones are best). Put in the fridge.
4. Light the barbecue. It will take around 45 mins to get to the right temperature. When the coals are glowing white, it’s ready. Brush the kabobs with extra virgin olive oil. Lay on the barbecue and grill for 8-10 mins, turning once, till browned and a little charred.
5. If you’re cooking inside, heat your grill to high. Line your grill pan with foil. Lay the kabobs on the rack in the grill pan and grill for 10-15 mins, turning once, till browned and cooked through.
6. Serve with fresh salad and flat breads.