- 1 red onion
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 pomegranate
- A handful of mint, leaves only
- 400g tin of lentils
- 50g baby leaf spinach
- 2 pears
- 75g Perl Las blue cheese
1. Peel and thinly slice the red onion. Pop it into a large bowl and zest and juice in the lemon. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Scrunch together with your hands for 1 min and set to one side to marinate.
2. Halve the pomegranate. Hold a half in the palm of your hand, cut-side down, over a bowl. Using a wooden spoon, bash the pomegranate and the seeds should tumble through your fingers into the bowl. Repeat with the remaining half. Pull any reluctant seeds out of the skin, discarding any white pith.
3. Finely chop the mint leaves. Drain and rinse the green lentils.
4. Mix the lentils, spinach and half the pomegranate seeds through the marinated onions. Place on a platter or a couple of plates.
5. Quarter the pears and slice out the core. Thinly slice them. Place on top of the lentils. Crumble over half the pack of Perl Las blue cheese. Scatter over the remaining pomegranate seeds and the chopped mint to serve.