- 2-3 leeks, cleaned and thinly sliced
- A few glugs of olive oil
- 1 tin butter beans
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- A handful of pitted black olives (optional)
- A splash of balsamic vinegar
- A pinch of chilli powder
- Leaves from 1-2 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- A handful of fresh sorrel or mint, torn
- 100g crumbly cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Sizzle the leeks in olive oil with a good pinch of salt and pepper, until melting tender and starting to show a hint of golden around the edges.
2. Mix the warm leeks with the butter beans and lemon. Fold in the olives, if using, balsamic and chilli powder. Finely chopped the rosemary leaves and/or roughly tear the sorrel or mint. Scatter over the top. Taste. Adjust seasoning. Drizzle a bit more olive oil over the top and serve warm or refrigerate and dish out cold.