- 8 rashers of streaky bacon
- 1 punnet of tomatoes, halved
- 4 slices of bread from a good loaf, torn into croutons
- A few glugs of olive oil
- A little nugget of butter
- 1 head of crisp lettuce leaves or a punnet of mixed baby leaf salad
- A splash of balsamic or sherry vinegar
- 4 large eggs
- Sea salt and black pepper
1. Grill bacon til crisp. Cook tomatoes alongside, till nicely coloured. Or, just fry them both together in a pan.
2. Sizzle the bread in olive oil/butter till crisp and golden. Season.
3. Arrange leaves on plates. Tear, if needed. Dot the tomatoes around the plates. Gloss with any pan juices. Add a splash of vinegar and a drizzle of olive oil. Scatter croutons over.
4. Fry the eggs. Pop one on top of each salad. Season.
5. Lay the bacon over the top. Serve with a Bloody or Virgin Mary (celery stick essential).