- 2 shots of espresso
- 6 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 shot of whisky
- 8 pork spareribs
- A pinch of sea salt
- For the garnish:
- 4 spring onions
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 chilli
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4.
2. Make your coffee. You will need two shots of espresso for this recipe.
3. Pour your espresso into a large mixing bowl and add 6 tbsp honey, 3 tbsp tamari, 2 tbsp ketchup, 1 tbsp hot sauce, ½ tsp smoked paprika, 1 shot of whisky and mix well to combine. This is your marinade.
4. Pop the ribs on a baking tray and pour your marinade over them. Turn the ribs over a few times so they are fully coated. Season with a little salt.
5. Once fully coated, pop them in the oven for 30-35mins. Turn them over twice during this cooking time to fully baste them in the marinade. They will look caramelized when ready.
6. While the ribs are cooking, trim and wash 4 spring onions. Cut them in half and slice lengthways to make nice thin strips and then do the same with their green tops.
7. Pop the strips of spring onion into a jar of water about 20 mins before your ribs are ready. The water helps freshen the spring onion to make it extra fresh and crispy.
8. When the ribs are looking nicely caramelized and ready to serve, remove from the oven and place on a board.
9. Drain the water from the spring onions and sprinkle on top of your glazed ribs along with 1 tbsp sesame seeds and some slices of fresh chill. Enjoy!