1. Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl, then sift in the yeast, sprinkle in the sugar and add a small pinch of salt. Whisk the dry ingredients together to make sure the yeast, salt and sugar are evenly mixed with the flour. Drizzle in 1 tbsp olive and pour in 200ml warm water (it should be hand hot). Use your hands or a fork to mix the dough together, adding a little more warm water if it seems too dry. You should have a slightly sticky, soft dough.
2. Lightly dust your work surface with flour and turn out the dough. Knead for around 5 mins till the dough is smooth and supple. Don't worry if it sticks to the work surface at the start. The more you knead, the more it should come together, so try not to add too much flour to the work surface - this will make the dough dry.
3. Clean the mixing bowl, then pop the dough back in it. Cover with a tea towel and leave somewhere warm to rise for 2 hrs.
4. 30 mins before you want to cook your pizza, heat your oven to 250°C/Fan 230°C/Gas 9 and slide a baking tray into the oven to heat up.
5. Put a pan of salted water on to boil. Scrub the potatoes and slice them into 1cm thick rounds. When the water is boiling, add the potatoes and simmer for 10 mins till the potatoes are tender. Drain well.
6. Trim the roots and top 4cm off the green garlic bulb. Halve it, then thinly slice the bulb and green stalk. Warm 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan and add the chopped green garlic. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, for 5-10 mins till soft and golden.
7. Dust your work surface with a little flour and roll out the dough to make a round about as big as a dinner plate. Carefully lay the pizza dough on a baking tray (not the one in the oven, keep that in there for later).
8. Lay the potatoe slices on the pizza dough and scatter over the green garlic. Crumble over a handful of gorgonzola. Drizzle over 1 tbsp olive oil.
9. Place the baking tray on top of the baking tray in the oven and bake for 15-20 mins till the pizza is golden brown and risen. Sprinkle over a few fresh thyme leaves and serve in slices.