- 40g peanuts
- A thumb of ginger
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 225g gooseberries
- 1 carrot
- 1 courgette
- 100g sugar snap peas
- 100g alfalfa sprouts
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 3-4 mins
1. Warm a dry frying pan on a medium heat. Tip in the peanuts and toast them for 3-4 mins, shaking the pan, till golden. Tip the peanuts onto a chopping board to cool, then roughly chop them.
2. Peel and grate the ginger. Whisk it with the honey, tamari and 1 tbsp olive oil to make a dressing. Slice the gooseberries as thinly as possibly and add them to the dressing to macerate, discarding any woody tops. Stir well.
3. Shave ribbons off the carrot and courgette using a vegetable peeler. When you get to the cores, stop and finely chop them.
4. Slice the sugar snap peas into long shreds (pods and peas). Pop them in a large mixing bowl with the carrot and courgette ribbons. Add the alfalfa sprouts and toss together.
5. Fold the gooseberries and dressing through the veg. Divide between plates and scatter over the chopped peanuts to serve.