- A handful of seeds, such as pumpkin, sunflower or sesame
- A drizzle of honey or agave syrup
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- A pinch of mixed spice
- 1 mug of oats
- 2 mugs of milk (we used almond drink but any will do)
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- A handful of walnuts halves, chopped
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Start by making the topping for your porridge: preheat your oven to 100°C/Fan 80°C/Gas ½ and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Add a handful of seeds to the tray. Drizzle over a little honey or agave syrup and dust with a pinch of cinnamon and mixed spice. Slide the seeds into the oven and bake for 10 mins. When they come out the oven they may be a little stuck together – just break them apart to scatter over your porridge. Set aside.
2. To make the porridge, tip the oats and milk into a pan and warm them gently over a low-medium heat for around 10 mins, stirring often, till thick. After 10 mins, add the grated carrots and chopped walnuts to the pan and stir well. Cook for another 2 mins to warm through.
3. Spoon the carrot cake porridge into two warm bowls and serve topped with the crunchy, baked seeds.