- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 tsp cajun spice
- 1 lemon
- 1 avocado
- 50g watercress
- Sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 35 mins
1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Set a roasting tin on the top shelf to heat up.
2. Peel the sweet potatoes. Cut into 3cm cubes. Tumble into the warmed roasting tin. Gloss with 1 tbsp oil. Season well. Roast for 30 mins, or till tender and golden round the edges.
3. Once the sweet potatoes are done, sprinkle over 2 tsp Cajun spice (add more or less, to suit your taste). Return to the oven for 2 mins, then take out of the oven and set aside to cool.
4. Grate the zest off the lemon into a large bowl. Squeeze in 1 tbsp of the juice (keep the rest of the lemon for later). Whisk with 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
5. Halve and de-stone the avocado. Scoop the flesh into a blender or food processor. Add a pinch of salt and a good squeeze of lemon juice. Blend till smooth. Taste and add more lemon juice or salt, if it needs them.
6. Dollop the avocado dressing onto a large platter, or 2 plates. Toss the watercress and sweet potato into the large bowl with the lemon dressing and gently mix through. Pile the salad on top of the avocado dressing to serve.