- Olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped finely
- 200g risotto rice
- 1 glass white wine
- 1 ltr hot vegetable stock
- 1-2 mugs broad beans, shelled and popped out of their skins
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Parmesan, shaved
1. Gently heat the oil in a saucepan. Cook the onion until it has softened but do not let it brown.
2. Stir in the rice and cook till the grains have become translucent and glossy. Add the wine and let the rice absorb it.
3. Turn the heat down. Set a timer for 20 minutes and start feeding in the stock, little by little, letting the rice absorb it before you add more. Add the broad beans halfway through cooking.
4. Add most of the rosemary with the last ladle of stock. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Take the pan off the heat, cover and let stand for a few mins. Serve the risotto hot, on warmed plates, topped with the last of the rosemary and shavings of Parmesan.