- 100ml white rum
- 3 limes, zest and juice
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 4 mint sprigs
- 600g watermelon
- A handful of small mint leaves
1. Pour the rum and lime juice into a small pan. Add the agave and lime zest. Bring to a bubble, then immediately remove from the heat. Throw in the mint sprigs and leave to infuse and cool.
2. Cut the watermelon into segments and carve off the skin. Chuck into a food processor and whizz till smooth. Pass through a sieve into a jug. You should have about 500ml watermelon juice.
3. When the rum and lime mix is cool, pluck out the mint sprigs and discard. Stir in the watermelon juice. Taste and add a little more agave if you think it needs it. They’ll taste less sweet once frozen.
4. Pour into lolly moulds and poke in a few small mint leaves.
5. Pop into the freezer for at least 24 hrs. Remove from the moulds and eat straight away.