- 2 large slices of white sourdough bread
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100g Tunisian artichoke spread
- 15g Parmesan
- 25g mayonnaise
- A pinch of sea salt
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- A small handful of chives
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 10-15 mins
1. Brush each slice of sourdough bread with 1 tsp olive oil and either pop them under the grill for 3-4 mins, turning once, till golden, or griddle in a ridged pan or frying pan for 4-5 mins, turning once. Slice the toasted bread in half and pop it on 2 serving plates.
2. Spoon the artichoke spread into a bowl. Finely grate in the Parmesan. Add the mayonnaise and season with a little salt and pepper. Stir to mix, then spread the artichoke and Parmesan mixture over the slices of toasted bread, spreading it right to the edges.
3. Slide the bruschette under the grill for 5-6 mins till golden and bubbling. While the bruschette grills, finely chop the chives. Serve the warm bruschette garnished with the chopped chives.
4. The Right Slice
When you're slicing the loaf for your bruschette, cut from the middle of the loaf and aim for slices around 2cm thick.