- 2 carrots
- 400g parsnips
- A handful of rosemary, leaves only
- 35g walnut halves
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 250g chicken breast mini fillets
- 2 shallots
- 75g Perl Las
- 227ml single cream
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Heat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Trim the carrots and parsnips. Cut into quarters lengthways. If the parsnips are large you may need to cut them in half again. Finely chop the rosemary leaves.
2. Tumble the veg onto a baking tray. Drizzle over ½ tbsp olive oil. Scatter over half the rosemary leaves. Season the veg. Slide into the oven and roast for 30 mins.
3. Line another baking tray with baking paper. Finely chop the walnut halves. Tip them into a bowl with 1 tbsp flour. Season generously and add the remaining chopped rosemary leaves. Put the chicken mini fillets on a plate. Drizzle over ½ tbsp oil.
4. Put an oiled chicken mini fillet in the bowl of walnut mix. Toss to coat. Place on the baking tray. Repeat with the remaining chicken fillets. Scatter any of the leftover walnut coating onto the tray.
5. Slide the chicken into the oven, on a shelf above the veg. Bake for 15 mins. Any small chicken pieces will take less time, so after 10 mins insert a skewer into the smaller pieces. The flesh should be white and any juices clear. Pop any cooked chicken pieces onto a plate in the bottom of the oven while the rest cook.
6. While the chicken cooks, peel and finely chop the shallots. Heat a small pan over a medium heat. Add 1 tsp oil and the shallots. Cook for 3 mins till just soft.
7. Crumble 75g of Perl Las cheese. Add the crumbled cheese and the cream to the pan. Cook and stir over a low heat for 2-3 mins till hot and melted. Serve the walnut chicken dippers with the roasted veg, any extra walnut coating and the Perl Las sauce.