- 250g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 50g cornflour
- A pinch of sea salt
- 220g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 170g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- Seeds from ½ vanilla pod
- Apricot, raspberry or blackcurrant jam
*Prep: 25 mins + chilling | Cook: 12-15 mins
Makes 25 - 30 cookies
1. Sift the flour and cornflour into a bowl. Add salt. Mix.
2. Beat the butter and sugar till pale and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla seeds. Beat to combine. Add the dry ingredients. Beat together.
3. Roll the dough into a ball. Chill for 1 hr or overnight. Heat your oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4. Lightly grease 2 baking trays. Dust with a little flour.
4. Roll chunks of dough into balls about 2-3 cm across (you’ll get about 25-30). Lay on the baking trays. Press your thumb into each to make a little dip. Add ¼-½ tsp jam in each dip.
5. Bake for 12-15 mins till golden. Cool on the tray for 5-10 mins till firm, then lift off the baking tray and cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight tub. Eat within 2-3 days.