- 1 head of crisp lettuce
- 4 tbsp blue cheese
- 1 tbsp water
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 4 tbsp creme fraiche or natural yogurt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Parsley or chives, finely chopped (optional)
- 2-3 small raw beetroot, thinly slices (optional)
1. Mush the cheese, water and a good pinch of pepper in a bowl using the back of a spoon to form a paste. Add a little olive oil. Fold through.
2. Stir the yogurt or creme fraiche in. Taste. Adjust seasoning, if needed. Add more olive oil or yogurt/creme fraiche to get the right consistency.
3. Drizzle over your leaves, or use as a dip. Thinly sliced raw beetroot is especially nice treat to throw into the mix as well.