- 1 head of crisp lettuce
- 4 tbsp blue cheese
- 1 tbsp cold water
- Freshly ground black pepper
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche or natural yogurt
- Sea salt (optional)
- Parsley or chives, finely chopped (optional)
- 2-3 small raw beetroot, thinly sliced (optional)
1. Separate the lettuce leaves and give them a good rinse. Shake dry and pop them in a bowl, tearing them into smaller pieces if you like.
2. Pop the cheese, water and a good pinch of pepper into a small bowl and crush them together using the back of a spoon to form a paste. Drizzle in a little olive oil and fold together
3. Stir in the yogurt or crème fraîche. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed, adding more olive oil or yogurt/ crème fraîche to get the right consistency.
4. Drizzle the dressing over the leaves, or use it as a dip. Fold through some fresh chopped herbs like parsley or chives for a bit of extra oomph – thinly sliced raw beetroot is an especially nice treat to throw into the mix as well.