- 1 ltr chicken stock
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 75g parmesan cheese
- 100g butter
- 200g risotto rice
- Black summer truffle or truffle brie, to serve (optional)
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Pour 1 ltr chicken stock into a pan and pop it on the hob. Warm to a gentle simmer, then keep it on a low heat so it stays warm. Meanwhile, peel and finely chop the onion. Peel and thinly slice the garlic clove. Grate the parmesan cheese into a bowl and pop it to one side for later.
2. Melt half the butter in a large pan over a medium heat. Slide in the chopped onion and garlic. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook the onion for 5-6 mins, stirring occasionally, till starting to soften.
3. Tip the rice into the pan and stir well, till the rice is coated with the butter. Cook for 2-3 mins, stirring, till the rice is translucent at the edges.
4. Add a splash of the warm chicken stock to the pan – around 100ml. Cook, stirring frequently, till the rice has absorbed the stock. Add another 100ml stock to the pan and repeat, cooking till the stock is absorbed. Continue till you’ve used all the stock and the rice is cooked but still with a little bite. This should take around 20-25 mins.
5. When the rice is cooked, remove the pan from the heat. Add the remaining 50g butter and most of the grated parmesan. Stir well and taste. Add a pinch more salt and pepper, if needed.
Divide the risotto between warm plates or bowls and serve with the remaining cheese sprinkled on top, along with thinly sliced or grated summer truffle, or slices of Truffled Brie