- 300g garlic
- 200ml cider vinegar
- 50g sugar
- A pinch of dried chilli flakes or 1 whole dried chilli
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 8 black peppercorns
1. Peel the garlic cloves. Add them to warm sterilised jars as you go. Add the chilli.
2. Put the vinegar, sugar, peppercorns and mustard seeds in a pan.
3. Bring to the boil and stir to dissolve the sugar. Boil for two minutes.
4. Pour over the garlic, covering completely.
5. Seal with vinegar-proof lids and tuck in after a fortnight. They'll last for up to a year.