- 2 mint tea bags
- 500-750ml apple juice
- 1 lime
- 1 apple
- A handful of fresh mint, leaves only
Prep: 15 mins + chilling | Cook: 10 mins
1. Fill and boil your kettle. Pop the tea bags into a large, heatproof jug (ideally the one you'll serve your tea in). Pour over 800ml hot water from the kettle. Leave to steep for 10 mins.
2. Lift the tea bags out of the water and discard. Pop the jug into the fridge to chill.
3. When the tea has cooled, remove it from the fridge and pour in 500ml apple juice. Squeeze in the juice from the lime. Stir to mix, taste and add more apple juice if you think it needs it.
4. Quarter the apples and slice out the cores. Cut them into thin slices and add to the jug. Lightly crush a large handful of mint leaves between your palms to release their fragrance, then add to the jug. Add plenty of ice to the jug and gently swirl everything together.
5. Pour into ice-filled glasses and serve.
6. An Extra Kick
This iced tea is delicious as it is, but if you'd like to add an etxra kick and turn it into a punch for a party then just add a shot of vodka, brandy or bourbon to each glass before topping up with the iced tea.