- 500g Jersey Royal potatoes
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1 lemon
- 100g white crab meat
- A large handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Scrub the spuds. Halve any larger ones so they’re all roughly the same size. Pop in a pan, cover with water then add a pinch of salt and the peeled garlic clove. SEt the pan on a high heat, lid on, and bring to the boil. Then turn the heat down and simmer for 10-15 mins till the potatoes are tendr and cooked through.
2. Drain the potatoes and tip them back into the pan. Find the garlic clove and mash it to a paste, or chop it, and put it back in the pan. Add the butter and fold through till melted. Place the pan back over a medium heat, if needed, to help the butter melt. Season with salt, pepper, some finely grated lemon zest and a squeeze of lemon juice.
3. Fold in the crab and taste, then adjust the seasoning or add more lemon zest and juice. Stir in some chopped parsley. This salad is delicious served warm or cold as a main, or a side salad.