- 6 large handfuls of root veggies, peeled
- A glug of olive or sunflower oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2cm piece of fresh ginger
- A splash of soy sauce
- A drizzle of honey
- 1 lime
- A handful of toasted seeds or nuts
- Fresh basil, mint or coriander
1. Pop your roasting tin in the oven when you preheat it (200°C/Gas 6).
2. Cut your veg into good-sized hunks (think golf ball or a touch larger) – they shrink when they cook. Season and coat in oil.
3. Tumble the dressed roots into the hot tin and cook until golden and crisp. Check and shake the pan every 15mins or so. Feel free to add slices of leek or onion, as well.
4. Grate over some fresh ginger as soon as you've removed the hot roots from the oven. Drizzle with a bit of soy sauce and honey. Squeeze a bit of lime over. Mix well.
5. Finish with seeds or nuts and fresh herbs.