1. Our fab chickens come with all the bits: Gizzard. Heart. Liver. The Neck. And an extra layer of fat. Brilliant in stocks.
2. Now for the jointing. To remove the legs, locate the seam that connects it to the body. Follow it all the way around. This is where you want to cut. Use a sharp knife.
3. Use your hands to pull the leg away from the body. Snap the bone out of the joint, disconnecting it from the body. Use your knife to make the final cut. Roast these now or freeze for later.
4. The wings are really easy to remove. Again, locate where they’re connected to the body. Once you’ve found the space where it joins, just slice your knife through. Roasted wings make amazing gravy, soups or snacks.
5. To remove the breasts, locate the breast bone. Carve. Running your knife just alongside the bone. Pull the meat away a bit and continue carving. If you hit the bone, just readjust your knife.
6. Carve, gently pulling the meat away from the body until you’ve reached the final seam, connecting it to the back. Slice through to disconnect it. Delicious stuffed and roasted. Or halved, flattened and coated in flour and sizzled until golden.