- 150g French beans
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lemon
- 40g tahini
- 400g tin of chickpeas
- 2 carrots
- 2 shallots
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1. Heat your grill to high. No grill? Just set your oven to its highest setting.
2. Trim the beans and scatter them on a baking tray. Toss with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill (or roast) for 8-10 mins, turning a couple of times, till just tender and starting to char.
3. While the beans grill, finely grate the garlic and the lemon zest into a small bowl. Add the tahini and 2 tbsp juice from your lemon. Stir in 1 tbsp oil and 2 tbsp cold water to make a pourable dresing, adding more water if you need to. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Tip them into a large bowl.Trim and peel the carrots, then peel thin ribbons off them. Thinly slice the core of the carrot. Add to the bowl with the charred French beans. Pour in half the dressing. Toss to mix.
5. Peel and thinly slice the shallots. Tip into a separate bowl. Squeeze over the remaining lemon juice. Toss to mix.
6. Divide the salad between two plates. Scatter over the lemony shallots. Drizzle over the remaining dressing and serve.