- 200g Tenderstem® broccoli
- 1 orange
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A handful of thyme, leaves only
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 400g tin of butter beans
- 3 figs
- 100g goat's cheese
- 60g Hugh's summer salad leaves
1. Place a large pan of water on the hob and bring to the boil. Trim the dry ends from the Tenderstem® broccoli. Fill a separate large pan or bowl with ice cold water.
2. When the water in the pan is boiling, drop in the Tenderstem® spears and cook for 3 mins. Drain them then plunge immediately into the ice water. This stops them cooking and keeps their vibrant green colour.
3. Juice the orange into a jug. Add 1 tbsp each balsamic vinegar and olive oil, and the thyme leaves. Add a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper and whisk into a dressing. Drain and rinse the butter beans. Halve the figs, discarding the woody stems.
4. Tumble the salad leaves into a serving bowl or divide between a couple of plates. Top with the Tenderstem® spears and butter beans. Pour over half of the orangey balsamic dressing and carefully toss together.
5. Arrange the figs on top and dot over the goat’s cheese. Spoon over the remaining orange dressing and serve.